As well as being a mindfulness facilitator, I am a birth, sibling and postnatal doula, who is passionate about supporting women and their families to have an empowering experience of pregnancy, birth and early parenting.
As a doula, I have a wholistic approach focused on developing the powerful mind-body connection, which can help to promote both physical and emotional wellbeing during pregnancy and birth. This involves providing evidence-based information and ongoing reassurance as well as relaxation methods to reduce anxiety, and encourage positivity and confidence, particularly for births perceived to be higher risk, including VBAC. Additionally, NLP practitioner training has lead me to develop an interest in the areas of hypnobirthing techniques for calm birth and in trauma-informed care.
I am happy to provide virtual doula services via Zoom or Skype, as well as continuing support via phone, messaging and email, throughout pregnancy, during labour and postnatally if this is preferred. I have also recently completed Department of Health Infectious Control Training – COVID-19, and can provide up-to-date advice and support to help manage the current challenges being faced in the maternal health care sector today.
– Antenatal visits (including birth plan preparation, attending medical appointments, hospital tours & classes)
– Continuous support during labour & birth
– Postnatal visits (including de-briefing, postnatal plan, newborn care, breastfeeding support, information and service referrals)
– Unlimited communication/information support via phone/text/email
– 24/7 on-call support 2 weeks before/after due date